Difference between revisions of "Workshop/Bench Grinder & Sander"
m (Consumables link)
Revision as of 09:22, 10 September 2016
|Card RFID Enabled||No|
240W 2950 RPM motor driving:
- 150 mm dia x 20 mm grinding wheel (12.7 mm bore)
- 50 mm x 686 mm sanding belt
- Do not grind non-ferrous metals such as aluminium or copper on the wheel. this can lead to dangerous situations, such as the wheel exploding at high speed. Sanding aluminium using the sanding belt is fine.
No induction is required, though you are expected to have researched proper usage and suitable materials.
- Long hair MUST be tied up, long sleeves should be rolled up securely.
- Eye protection MUST be worn. Safety glasses are in the "Safety Equipment" box.
- Ensure appropriate guards are in place. This includes ensuring that there is not a large gap between the edge of the tool rest and the grinding wheel.
- Be careful what you shower in hot sparks (don't violate rule 0).