Discussions about the Workshop/3D_Printer for the space resulted in the conclusion that for maximum durability we should build a Mendel Max.
Please consult with Martyn before ordering/purchasing any parts.
The Space MendelMax currently requires :
- Motors - 5 needed for single extrusion, 6 if we go fancy dual extrusion - eMakershop a possibility
- Smooth Rods - Metal Supermarket, all 8mm we have decided
- Electronics - SmoothieBoard or 4Pi arm-based electronics are ideal, but mostly only about to be released
- Timing Belts - Need to look up the specs.
- Extruder/Hot End - Martyn has a spare heated nozzle ready, we need a ceramic spacer.
- Heated bed* - Maryn has got a slightly iffy quote from china (direct import) for $45 each for 2 with $40 delivery. Alternatively part no. SRFG-1212/5-P-230V from http://omega.co.uk
- Possibly some more LM8UU bearings
(*)A heated bed is not strictly necessary for PLA but makes it a lot more reliable, and essential for ABS
- Martyn R for printed parts. (Printing in progress)
- Misumi for aluminium extrusions (collected from Bob C 2012-08-18).
- Metal Supermarket (smooth rod)
- Zapp Automation (steppers)
Nuts and bolts for above
8mm smooth rod 4*550mm (X&Y axis) 2*460mm (Z axis) TBA
(Confirm with Martyn before ordering)
- 5*NEMA 17 bipolar/hybrid stepper motors (Torque >=13.7 N-cm/1400 g-cm/19.4 oz-in, 5mm shaft).