The following local suppliers have been found to be rather useful:
The member storage shelves are located in the member storage room, at the very back of the space.
- Website: www.clasohlson.co.uk
- Location: Online only. Our local branch has now closed.
Some sort of genetic experiment to cross Ikea with Argos appears to have gone terribly wrong and resulted in Clas Ohlson. They stock all sorts of incredibly useful stuff.
- Nut and bolt set - M3-M6 nuts bolts and washers - don't run out!
- Assorted springs - Very handy in all sorts of projects.
- Organiser box - perfect for storing your components.
- Organiser Cabinet - Small enough that if your lucky with dimensions, you may be able to use this to store components on your bookshelf!
- Website: uk.farnell.com - Trade counter has now closed down.
- Storage Cabinet - Bulk component storage.
HacMan have their own list of useful stuff
- Website: www.metalsupermarkets.co.uk
- Location: 1 Overland Trading Estate, Gildersome
Suppliers of steel/aluminium/copper/brass/bronze sheet/bar/tube. Will cut to size. Supplied the smooth rod for the hackspace Mendel Max.
Milford Builders Merchants
- Website: www.milfordmerchants.com
- Location: 83-85 Skinner Lane
Just down the road from the hackspace, a very handy source of wood & mdf.
- Website: www.modelshopleeds.co.uk
- Location: 86-88 Crossgates Road
The model shop in Crossgates is a traditional style model shop, of the type that is rapidly disappearing due to cheap imported stuff bought via the internet killing the trade (Remember Maplins)
They stock servos, motors, motor controllers, construction materials (balsa wood etc), glues, model kits, radio control equipment, R/C planes / helicopters / boats / cars, spare parts, rockets, kites, model engines and their fuels, paints of all kinds, batteries and chargers, modeling tools etc.
It is a place where enthusiasm can result in you spending plenty of cash.
- Website: www.screwfix.com
- Location: Unit 3 Olympia Industrial Estate, Gelderd Lane
Source of reasonably priced tools. They occasionally have some absolute bargains. Nav works just down the road so can collect items for delivery to the hackspace.
Trotec Engraving Supplies
- Website: http://www.suregrave.com/
Sells supplies for laser engraving, from wood to stone. Notable products: Product Size Cost pounds Solid wood Alderwood Sheet -20 Pack 101x 304 x2.4mm 40.40 Alderwood Sheet -20 Pack 101x 609 x3.0mm 71.94 Alderwood Sheet -20 Pack 101x 304 x6.0mm 52.80 Sheets MDF with veneers on both sides. Birch Laserwood Sheet 304x 609 x3.2mm 11.10 Cedar Laserwood Sheet 304x 609 x3.2mm 11.94 Cherry Laserwood Sheet 304x 609 x3.2mm 11.10 Maple Laserwood Sheet 304x 609 x3.2mm 11.10
Leasure Lakes Bikes
- Website: https://www.leisurelakesbikes.com/
They very kindly replaced the chain in our plainer/thicknesser for nowt. Massive thanks to them :)
- Website: https://www.cromwell.co.uk/
They sell replacement blades for the power hacksaw as well as all sorts of other bits.
They sell spare parts for Titan tools, including the thicknesser/plainer.
Bolt & Nut
- Website: https://boltandnutsupplies.co.uk/
Suppliers of all sorts of threaded fixings as well as threading equipment and drills. Got a weird bolt you need to replace? These guys probably have a box full.